Thursday, December 29, 2011
SUNSALUTATIONS !!! So every year i write a bit about the previous year. I spent a great deal of this year growing.. growing from unplanned situations .. Planned situations going ary also. I am a Neaurotic thinker by nature always have been since i was small. I am constantaly observing even when i desire not. I often do so and speak nothing of my observations , in social networks , Personal relationships , and even amongst family. This year marked many murders assasinations of dicatators , celebrity break ups , are you seeing the trend ? People generally remember misfortune more than anything. I take time to celebrate the things that went well. I made substantial Gains within My Music Career , Aquired love i had not planned on encountering , was blessed to make connections Globally which in the scheme of things is the way in invisioned My Dream as a young boy. Getting out of boxes and exceeding Local is my idea of expanding. We live under expectations when we set these yearly new Years resolutions .. I dont do them. I set goals year round. Who is to say that achieving something over a shorter period or longer period of time is not as monumental. I Lost 25 pounds this year. I lost friends this year also. Yin and Yang we live and we love and we learn... Health is and will always be a platform that alot of things will spring off of . I support anyone reading this fighting to commit to an oath of Self Love because to me thats truely what health is on all levels a deep seeded Love of self . What will tomorrow hold ? who knows more of any possibility i suppose . My suggestion is to spend time rebuilding , restoring , and Re-Loving... Anything and Everything you POSSIBLY can... I wish you all The best , 2012 IS The New Y2k LOL stock up on water seeds and popcorn LOL ha ha ha ha
Friday, December 16, 2011
Tuesday, December 13, 2011
Ingretients above :
1. Frozen Mixed Vegetables. Coles Supermarket – $1.59
2. One Head of Purple Cabbage. Harris Farm Fruit & Veg – $1
3. Tomato Paste. Coles Supermarket – $1.16
4. Bok Choy. Harris Farm Fruit & Veg – 99c
5. Coconut Cream. Aldi Supermarket – 99c
6. Baked Beans. Coles Supermarket – 69c
7. Curry Powder. Coles Supermarket – $1.20
8. Kare Javanese Curry. Asian Grocery Store – 80c
9. Opor White Indonesian Curry. Asian Grocery Store – 80c
10. 1kg of Washed Potatoes. Local Fruit Market – $1.49
11. Crushed Peanuts. Coles Supermarket – $1.16
12. Vermicelli Noodles x5. Coles Supermarket – $1.32
13. Lemon. Local Fruit Market – 59c
14. 1kg of Salad Tomatoes. Local Fruit Market – $1.49
15. 1kg of Jasmine Rice. Aldi Supermarket – $1.99
16. 7 Bananas. Local Fruit Market – $1.68
17. 2 Spanish Onions. Coles Supermarket – 52c
18. 2 Lebanese Cucumbers. Local Fruit Market – 91c
19. 5 Nectarines. Local Fruit Market – 56cc
Total Cost: $20.93
Sunday, December 11, 2011
I love talking about KALE to people because they cant call it WEIRD Food, as many have been eating it their whole lives . Its a delicious green that can be eaten raw , soaked in your favorite spices herbs Liquid aminos Below is information on why its so nutricious and its Health Statistics.
1. Anti-inflammatory: Inflammation is the number one cause of arthritis, heart disease and a number of autoimmune diseases, and is triggered by the consumption of animal products. Kale is an incredibly effective anti-inflammatory food, potentially preventing and even reversing these illnesses.
2. Iron: Despite the myth that vegetarians are anemic, the number of non-vegetarians with iron-deficiencies is on the rise. Per calorie, kale has more iron than beef.
3. Calcium: Dairy and beef both contain calcium, but the U.S. still has some of the highest rates of bone loss and osteoporosis in the world. Kale contains more calcium per calorie than milk (90 grams per serving) and is also better absorbed by the body than dairy.
4. Fiber: Like protein, fiber is a macronutrient, which means we need it every day. But many Americans don't eat nearly enough and the deficiency is linked to heart disease, digestive disorders and cancer. Protein-rich foods, like meat, contain little to no fiber. One serving of kale not only contains 5 percent of the recommended daily intake of fiber, but it also provides 2 grams of protein.
5. Omega fatty acids: Essential Omega fats play an important role in our health, unlike the saturated fats in meat. A serving of kale contains 121 mg of omega-3 fatty acids and 92.4 mg of omega-6 fatty acids.
6. Immunity: Superbugs and bacteria are a serious risk to our health. Many of these come as a result of factory farm meat, eggs and dairy products. Kale is an incredibly rich source of immune-boosting carotenoid and flavanoid antioxidants including vitamins A and C.
7. Sustainable: Kale grows to maturity in 55 to 60 days versus a cow raised for beef for an average of 18-24 months. Kale can grow in most climates and is relatively easy and low impact to grow at home or on a farm. To raise one pound of beef requires 16 pounds of grain, 11 times as much fossil fuel and more than 2,400 gallons of water.
Tuesday, December 6, 2011
Often i am asked or told " Is'nt it expensive to be vegan/vegetarian" The answer is no. Its like any form of shopping if you go to the store with the highest prices then you will spend more . Shopping completely at wholefoods will kill you . Just like conventional shopping their are coupons online , just google what you are looking for or generic phrases like "Whole foods coupons" "Vegetarian printable coupons" there are tons and even on the manufactures websites sometimes. I tend to buy items like garlic , bananas , potatoes from conventional groceries as they are cheaper there . Trader joes prices are alot cheaper buy several dollars on your whole shopping trip . Below i have included some suggestions on making your life better without breaking the bank !!!
1) Dont shop entirely at whole foods , Utilize farmers markets in warm seasons as they have great deals on organic produce.
2) Its okay to buy non-organic if you are buying from the 12 least contaminated list below.
Sweet Corn (Frozen)
Sweet Peas (Frozen)
3) Familiarize yourself with cheap healthy meals
ex: A grain , A green , A bean.... All of these can be bought in bulk and prepared by cooking or soaking if you prefer raw.
4) Grow your own herbs , Save money on not buying expensive sodium filled gourmet seasonings . I grow wheat grass , rosemary , parsley and mint. Dont spend money on the trays they sell at landscaping stores . I buy bargain clearance trays after the holiday seasons for cents sometimes . Plastic shoe boxes work well too as they are small and can fit in the window.
5) Make everything yourself when you can , the quantity will be more . Beans and rice will cost you 4-6$ premade a bag of rice and beans can be bought for that and make several meals with the money.
6) Be creative with recipees... See what can be substituted many bakers sub applesauce for sugar . And mother can feed that same applesauce to her baby HMmmmmmm are you seeing the trend ? Versitility !! is key
Being healthy is about being smart also . I recomment Printing a vegan/vegetarian food pyramid and keeping it in your automobile , bag or wallet to make sure you cover all food groups. And as Always i am her to support the community not criticize ...Spend smart , Save money and LIVE WELL - SAFARI-BLACK
VEGETARIAN COUPON LINKS ---> LIGHTLIFE
I Could go on forever just google Vegan/Vegetarian coupons and you will see infinite choices if you put in the work remember that task will save you money to use for other things !! Peace - SAFARI-BLACK
Tuesday, November 22, 2011
OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO OFF THE FORTHCOMING [ NO LOITERING ] Compilation
Wednesday, November 16, 2011
Wednesday, November 9, 2011
Friday, October 28, 2011
Thursday, October 27, 2011
DETOX : GREEN SMOOTHIE
Green Smoothie - 1 cup baby spinach, 1 cup kale, 1 pear, 1 ½ cup of orange juice, and 1 frozen banana.
Mango Ginger — 2 cups frozen Mango, 1 cup frozen raspberries, 1 banana, ¼ cup chopped ginger, squeeze of lime, Vegan Yogurt
Strawberry Date — 1 date, 1 ½ cup frozen strawberries, 1 cup almond milk. Optional: 1 scoop vegetarian protein powder or 1 TBL of flaxseed oil.
Chocolate Peanut Butter – 2 TBL unsweetened cocoa powder, 2 TBL peanut butter, ½ banana, 1 cup almond milk, ice. 320 calories total.
Monday, October 24, 2011
www.gprc.org (GREAT PLAINS RESTORATION COUNCIL)
We've just launched a new online video campaign to save our youth and the Gulf Coast prairie, and I need your help.
Will you please share this with your family and friends and ask them to contribute to this very important cause?
Our native coastal prairie has less than 1% left alive and wild, and all the birds and animals that depend on America's former Garden of Eden where the prairie meets the sea are equally in trouble.
But our exciting new program Restoration Not Incarceration, which was built out of 9 years of experience with our Plains Youth InterACTION program, is gearing up for a huge, 2 year recovery project.
This stunning effort will help restore people and America's native coastal prairie wildlife on the embattled Gulf of Mexico.
This "Saltwater Country" project is laying the groundwork for a great rebirth... where even the buffalo to come home again to the coast in 5 years or less, and the long lost red wolf in 10 or 15 years.
We're on the intersecting front lines of youth, health, environment, climate change, animal protection, and personal recovery.
This is a chance for America to tell it's own story in the new millennium.
We're trying to raise $60,000 in 90 days. You've always been so awesome.. and always so fiercely active that it makes my heart stay strong!
Will you please help us win this campaign?
I greatly appreciate anything you can do.
People are taking off bite-size chunks of the goal and trying to raise $500 or $1000 inside their circle of friends, family, co-workers, church, etc., much like the AIDS Walk or Breast Cancer.
Only this is so easy -- all people have to do is click and donate. (HERE) ALSO VISIT ---> (HERE)
Saturday, October 15, 2011
Sunday, October 9, 2011
As many use protest to fight financial oppression...i ponder on my own attitude. Being a fighter and one that never waits for the government to intervene. I am saddened by this whole picture. Capitalism is based on one winning and one losing , but never really two winning at the same time... get my drift?
Prodigy (A vegetarian with sickle cell) Speaks to a young boy with sickle cell Anemia about sickle cell Anemia . He shares some tips with him on how to beat his ailment holistically with the use of eating massive amounts of greens . Prodigy became a vegetarian after contracting sickle cell and noticing the differences in how he felt. This is an incredible piece one the news wont report on , journalist will never mention an interaction like this only the fact that the guy went to jail for a spell. Im thankful for this one...
Thursday, October 6, 2011
So as i thought of a new area to cover i figured i would go a different route this time. I will write about the black vegan experience through the lens that every black vegan that i have ever known has experienced. DIETARY RACIAL PROFILING . what is this? its the imperialistic attitude a black vegan faces when shopping in a whole foods market or health store.. it matters not what franchise name it may be its the same attitude in every state I've been. Being a hip hop artist who happens to be vegan food on the road is rough. Its a matter of goggling vegan / vegetarian food to bring up suitable food digs. No matter where i am the feeling starts the minute you walk thru the door...That weird Pan of disbelief i can read their minds ( wait he came for healthy food? you can read the energy so well cause you see it so much , i been vegan 12 years so i know a sincere hello from the fake weird awkward ones. After being greeted by nearly every staff member in a 10 minute time frame.. you cant even see the shelf for the attendant's standing in front of you like they are pitching vacuum cleaners door to door. If you enter that supplement section they will really look at you like you either stole some vitamins or don't know one herb from the next . When i say "Say no i am fine" they usually get really weird at that point. Just stuck in space that a black man knows his herbs . The whole experience is usually capped with the excessive cart probing by patrons when you reach the check out met with much unnecessary conversation by you guessed it another person in disbelief asking " Are you vegan ? " Health in America is as privileged as any other liberty . Colonialism never displayed equality at the table and so we live in this gentrified world where the attitudes of colonizers continue and adamantly imply its not for your black man...
PREVIOUSLY ☞☞☞ DIARY OF A BLACK VEGAN VOL#1-VOL#5
Sunday, October 2, 2011
View more videos at: http://nbcdfw.com.
This is completely unacceptable , From my understanding they checked no other white womans hair . There were other woman with big hair styles but only hers were checked....SMH
Saturday, August 27, 2011
Friday, August 26, 2011
Sunday, August 14, 2011
Vegan Chef Bryant Terry and partner Jidan Koon show us how to make a soul-food inspired twist on the Asian tamale-like "jung." They adapt the dish to reflect their union and merge there cultures... Nice story
Thursday, August 4, 2011
Tuesday, August 2, 2011
Friday, July 22, 2011
1) Wear Light colors ( whites , tans , cream ) these colours draw less sunlight
2) Dring WATER WATER WATER !!!
3) Cover windows
4) Do not blow hot hair this does not make a room cool ! ( Running with AC is optimal)
5) keep a spray bottle w/ refrigerated water close by ... Your skin needs to drink too LOL its a refreshing calmer to the Pulsating heat
FINALLY - AVOID GOING OUT UNNECESSARILY.......PEACE !
Monday, July 18, 2011
SOS -X- LOT ( FOR THE LOVE - ART - MUSIC - CONSORTIUM) Performances by @SAFARI_BLK @SKYSCRAPER & @JALINROZE Via @SOS_ACU @THEKICKOPPA & @BIGCHETTI
LOT ( LAND OF TOMORROW ) GALLERY LOUISVILLE , KY DIRECTIONS
CHAKRAS NOTE/FREQ ROOM SIZE FEET MIDDLE OCTAVE
ROOT C (126 cps) 9, 18, 36, 72, 144, 288 (252cps)
POLARITY D (283 cps) 4, 8, 16, 32, 128, 256 (283 cps)
DIAPHRAGM D# (75 cps) 15, 30, 60, 120, 240, 480 (300 cps)
SOLARPLEXUS E (161 cps) 7, 14, 28, 56, 112, 224 (322 cps)
HEART F (87 cps) 13, 26, 52, 104, 208, 416 (348 cps)
THROAT G (188 cps) 6, 12, 24, 48, 96, 192, 384 (376 cps)
VENUSIAN G+ (49 cps) 23, 46, 92, 184, 368, 736 (392 cps)
GAIA (EARTH) G# (54 cps) 21, 42, 84, 168, 336, 672 (432 cps)
PSYCHIC CENTER Ab (103 cps) 11, 22, 44, 88, 176, 352 (412 cps)
THIRD EYE Bb (113 cps) 10, 20, 40, 80, 160, 320 (452 cps)
CROWN B (59 cps) 19, 38, 76, 152, 204, 408 (472 cps)
TRANSPERSONAL C# (66 cps) 17, 34, 68, 136, 272, 554 (264 cps)
DIAPHRAGM2 D# (39 cps) 29, 58, 116, 232, 464, 928 (312 cps)
POLARITY2 D+ (36 cps) 31, 62, 124, 248, 496, 992 (288 cps)
CROWN B (30 cps) 37, 74, 148, 296, 592, 1184 (480 cps)
MORE INFO --> HERE
Thursday, July 14, 2011
Wednesday, July 6, 2011
Wednesday, June 15, 2011
Sunday, June 5, 2011
(Rihanna Killing a Rapist is causing a bit of controversy ) This video is under attack by Parents Television Council. 1stly as a parent i woill be watching this with my daughters and discussing all angles of the opening scene. i see it as an opportunity to discuss rape with my daughters with a visual aid. This video is no more graffic than any csi episode in my book. I find it odd when a Pop artist such of her self writes a song addressing one of the worlds oldest darkest problems RAPE she is targeted . If you also listen to the sound of the music , this is traditional island conscious music not difenerate text me so we can smash radio format That exposes the music / Media / Hollywoods agenda of wanting to promote Cooning and Non-Thought Provoking Dialog. Firstly even before that FELLAS NO MEANS NO … PERIOD i dont Care What you thought OR what she is wearing…-SB Your thoughts....
Sunday, May 29, 2011
Tuesday, April 12, 2011
“Give It Up ” STARRING : @BIGCHETTI & @SAFARI_BLK FR: The Jalin Roze -“The Brilliance Mixtape” Download here ---> Pow
Tuesday, March 8, 2011
Monday, February 14, 2011
Monday, February 7, 2011
Sunday, February 6, 2011
Sunday, January 23, 2011
This sister speaks on anti-racism and social justice and activism in a class bassed society....