Thursday, December 29, 2011
SUNSALUTATIONS !!! So every year i write a bit about the previous year. I spent a great deal of this year growing.. growing from unplanned situations .. Planned situations going ary also. I am a Neaurotic thinker by nature always have been since i was small. I am constantaly observing even when i desire not. I often do so and speak nothing of my observations , in social networks , Personal relationships , and even amongst family. This year marked many murders assasinations of dicatators , celebrity break ups , are you seeing the trend ? People generally remember misfortune more than anything. I take time to celebrate the things that went well. I made substantial Gains within My Music Career , Aquired love i had not planned on encountering , was blessed to make connections Globally which in the scheme of things is the way in invisioned My Dream as a young boy. Getting out of boxes and exceeding Local is my idea of expanding. We live under expectations when we set these yearly new Years resolutions .. I dont do them. I set goals year round. Who is to say that achieving something over a shorter period or longer period of time is not as monumental. I Lost 25 pounds this year. I lost friends this year also. Yin and Yang we live and we love and we learn... Health is and will always be a platform that alot of things will spring off of . I support anyone reading this fighting to commit to an oath of Self Love because to me thats truely what health is on all levels a deep seeded Love of self . What will tomorrow hold ? who knows more of any possibility i suppose . My suggestion is to spend time rebuilding , restoring , and Re-Loving... Anything and Everything you POSSIBLY can... I wish you all The best , 2012 IS The New Y2k LOL stock up on water seeds and popcorn LOL ha ha ha ha
Friday, December 16, 2011
Tuesday, December 13, 2011
Ingretients above :
1. Frozen Mixed Vegetables. Coles Supermarket – $1.59
2. One Head of Purple Cabbage. Harris Farm Fruit & Veg – $1
3. Tomato Paste. Coles Supermarket – $1.16
4. Bok Choy. Harris Farm Fruit & Veg – 99c
5. Coconut Cream. Aldi Supermarket – 99c
6. Baked Beans. Coles Supermarket – 69c
7. Curry Powder. Coles Supermarket – $1.20
8. Kare Javanese Curry. Asian Grocery Store – 80c
9. Opor White Indonesian Curry. Asian Grocery Store – 80c
10. 1kg of Washed Potatoes. Local Fruit Market – $1.49
11. Crushed Peanuts. Coles Supermarket – $1.16
12. Vermicelli Noodles x5. Coles Supermarket – $1.32
13. Lemon. Local Fruit Market – 59c
14. 1kg of Salad Tomatoes. Local Fruit Market – $1.49
15. 1kg of Jasmine Rice. Aldi Supermarket – $1.99
16. 7 Bananas. Local Fruit Market – $1.68
17. 2 Spanish Onions. Coles Supermarket – 52c
18. 2 Lebanese Cucumbers. Local Fruit Market – 91c
19. 5 Nectarines. Local Fruit Market – 56cc
Total Cost: $20.93
Sunday, December 11, 2011
I love talking about KALE to people because they cant call it WEIRD Food, as many have been eating it their whole lives . Its a delicious green that can be eaten raw , soaked in your favorite spices herbs Liquid aminos Below is information on why its so nutricious and its Health Statistics.
1. Anti-inflammatory: Inflammation is the number one cause of arthritis, heart disease and a number of autoimmune diseases, and is triggered by the consumption of animal products. Kale is an incredibly effective anti-inflammatory food, potentially preventing and even reversing these illnesses.
2. Iron: Despite the myth that vegetarians are anemic, the number of non-vegetarians with iron-deficiencies is on the rise. Per calorie, kale has more iron than beef.
3. Calcium: Dairy and beef both contain calcium, but the U.S. still has some of the highest rates of bone loss and osteoporosis in the world. Kale contains more calcium per calorie than milk (90 grams per serving) and is also better absorbed by the body than dairy.
4. Fiber: Like protein, fiber is a macronutrient, which means we need it every day. But many Americans don't eat nearly enough and the deficiency is linked to heart disease, digestive disorders and cancer. Protein-rich foods, like meat, contain little to no fiber. One serving of kale not only contains 5 percent of the recommended daily intake of fiber, but it also provides 2 grams of protein.
5. Omega fatty acids: Essential Omega fats play an important role in our health, unlike the saturated fats in meat. A serving of kale contains 121 mg of omega-3 fatty acids and 92.4 mg of omega-6 fatty acids.
6. Immunity: Superbugs and bacteria are a serious risk to our health. Many of these come as a result of factory farm meat, eggs and dairy products. Kale is an incredibly rich source of immune-boosting carotenoid and flavanoid antioxidants including vitamins A and C.
7. Sustainable: Kale grows to maturity in 55 to 60 days versus a cow raised for beef for an average of 18-24 months. Kale can grow in most climates and is relatively easy and low impact to grow at home or on a farm. To raise one pound of beef requires 16 pounds of grain, 11 times as much fossil fuel and more than 2,400 gallons of water.
Tuesday, December 6, 2011
Often i am asked or told " Is'nt it expensive to be vegan/vegetarian" The answer is no. Its like any form of shopping if you go to the store with the highest prices then you will spend more . Shopping completely at wholefoods will kill you . Just like conventional shopping their are coupons online , just google what you are looking for or generic phrases like "Whole foods coupons" "Vegetarian printable coupons" there are tons and even on the manufactures websites sometimes. I tend to buy items like garlic , bananas , potatoes from conventional groceries as they are cheaper there . Trader joes prices are alot cheaper buy several dollars on your whole shopping trip . Below i have included some suggestions on making your life better without breaking the bank !!!
1) Dont shop entirely at whole foods , Utilize farmers markets in warm seasons as they have great deals on organic produce.
2) Its okay to buy non-organic if you are buying from the 12 least contaminated list below.
Sweet Corn (Frozen)
Sweet Peas (Frozen)
3) Familiarize yourself with cheap healthy meals
ex: A grain , A green , A bean.... All of these can be bought in bulk and prepared by cooking or soaking if you prefer raw.
4) Grow your own herbs , Save money on not buying expensive sodium filled gourmet seasonings . I grow wheat grass , rosemary , parsley and mint. Dont spend money on the trays they sell at landscaping stores . I buy bargain clearance trays after the holiday seasons for cents sometimes . Plastic shoe boxes work well too as they are small and can fit in the window.
5) Make everything yourself when you can , the quantity will be more . Beans and rice will cost you 4-6$ premade a bag of rice and beans can be bought for that and make several meals with the money.
6) Be creative with recipees... See what can be substituted many bakers sub applesauce for sugar . And mother can feed that same applesauce to her baby HMmmmmmm are you seeing the trend ? Versitility !! is key
Being healthy is about being smart also . I recomment Printing a vegan/vegetarian food pyramid and keeping it in your automobile , bag or wallet to make sure you cover all food groups. And as Always i am her to support the community not criticize ...Spend smart , Save money and LIVE WELL - SAFARI-BLACK
VEGETARIAN COUPON LINKS ---> LIGHTLIFE
I Could go on forever just google Vegan/Vegetarian coupons and you will see infinite choices if you put in the work remember that task will save you money to use for other things !! Peace - SAFARI-BLACK